The basic steps to adding an image to a gallery are as follows:
- Prepare your image for the web (compressed jpg at 96ppi resolution are usually fine) and size them to suit. To find out what the correct size is, click on an existing thumbnail when viewing the gallery, then check the image properties (right click/view image properties in Firefox).
- From within your GetSimple admin, select the [Files] tab from the top menu and upload the image. The [Upload files and/or images ...] button is over in the sidebar.
- Select the [Galleries] tab from the top menu
- Click on the title of the gallery you wish to add an image to.
- Existing thumbnails will be displayed. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the [Add image] link.
- A pop-up window will appear. Scroll through the image list to locate the one you just uploaded and click on the image title to select it.
- Close the pop-up window.
- If your gallery has been configured to display titles, then add one in the box immediately under the filename (to the right of the thumbnail). The other two boxes may be left blank.
- Click the [Save Gallery] button at the bottom of the screen.
- View the gallery to make sure all is well.
Congratulations, all done!
Tip: it is good practice when giving images filenames to only use numbers and lowercase letters with no spaces. If you do need to create a space use an underscore or dash. e.g. dog_kennel1.jpg or dog-kennel1.jpg. Do not use ‘Dog Kennel 1.jpg’.